The holidays are quickly approaching, and that means the inevitable temptation of Holiday desserts. But have no fear! Paleo granola is here to help you fuel smarter with zero added sugar – not even honey! (That means it’s Whole Life Challenge Performance Level-friendly.)
The best part? Every ingredient on this list can be bought in one stop at Trader Joe’s.
Coach Megan’s Paleo AF Granola Recipe:
- 2 cups raw almonds (chopped, sliced, diced up to you)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2-3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pecans (again, chopped, sliced, diced)
- 2 cups dried fruit (unsweetened- I like to combine golden and regular raisins)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (microwave to liquid form)
- 1+ cup shredded coconut
- Spices:Cinnamon, coriander, allspice to taste
- Coarse Salt: I like to do 1/2 tablespoon+, the saltier, the better!
- As substitute for honey: 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 egg whites (for sticking/binding purposes), stevia to taste.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Combine all wet ingredient in separate bowl, whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix well.
- Spread evenly over baking sheet covered in tinfoil.
- Bake 25 minutes. Top layer should be browned (make sure it doesn’t burn!),
- Flip and mix granola, attempting to get middle pieces to the outside and vice versa,
- Bake 5 more minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- ENJOY GUILT FREE! WEEE!
If you love this recipe, check out Coach Nick’s Pumpkin Pie Recovery Shake!
Sign up for our CrossFit9 Whole Life Challenge Team!
The Whole Life Challenge is back in a new six-week format. Join our CrossFit9 team here!