This is it… the CrossFit Open is here!
Each week, the Open workouts will be announced on Thursday evenings at 8 p.m. via livecast at the Official CrossFit Games site. We’ll also have the announcements streaming at CrossFit9, so come in for the weekly watch party!
Saturday Mornings are CrossFit Open Day at CF9!
- Regularly scheduled classes are at 7:30 and 9 a.m. This is when everyone will show up, whether they are competing, participating, dropping in, or just getting their regular Saturday morning WOD. Please make your best effort to come in at these times. Arrive early, begin an extended warm-up, and mobilize ahead of class start time. If you must miss Saturday morning, please make arrangements with a coach to come in and be judged at another time.
- Each class will run in two heats. You will be partnered up, and in the first heat you will judge your partner, and vice versa in the second heat.
- Judging? Show up to either class session, or both! We’ll make sure you get a chance to compete or work out.
- Competing Rx for an official score? We will partner you with a verified judge for your WOD. If you plan to record video of your WOD, you will be responsible for bringing and setting up your recording device ahead of the WOD start time.
- Unaffiliated athlete or a drop-in from another box? We welcome you to come at either one of our times Saturday morning, and we will partner you with a verified judge. ($30)
- Just here for your regular Saturday morning workout? That’s cool too! You will still do that week’s Open WOD, scaled as you please. Get your sweat on!
- Official score: At the end of your workout, both you and your judge will sign the official score sheet. You will get a stub off of that sheet on which your official score is written (plus any tiebreaker times).
- You are responsible for submitting your scores online by the deadline each week. It is due by Monday at 8 p.m. EST. Log in to your athlete profile at games.crossfit.com, or use the iOS app, and submit the score written on your stub. (Set a reminder for yourself– if you forget to submit a score, you are automatically disqualified from further official participation in the CrossFit Open.)
- We will verify those scores to make sure they were correctly entered.
And so the next five weeks of the CrossFit Open will go! Keep your eyes on this page for any updates. May the WODs be in your favor, 9ers!