True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.”
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
• HOT: A firefighter deadlifts a flaming 600 pound barbell to celebrate retirement. Oh yeah, he’s 50. Watch here.
• COLD: We breathe all the time, but if you were going to take advice on the topic, you might want to listen to the dude who hiked Mount Everest in shorts and ran a barefoot marathon above the Arctic Circle. Read here. (Not down for leisurely ice baths? Start with 30–60 seconds in a cold shower to kick off your morning and work on breath control.)
• Coach Steve is renowned for his “eat like a predator” mindset. Which might make his recent blog post on (hypothetically) becoming a vegetarian a head scratcher. It’s a great read!
• It’s not easy to tell pessimism to eff off. But here are five ways to do just that.
• The Whole Life Challenge is shortening from eight to six weeks. (Hint, hint… get ready for January!)
Get the Five Bullet Friday Newsletter!
Get awesome stuff like Movement Tip Mondays and Five Bullet Fridays in your inbox.
If you’ve previously signed up for our newsletter, use this form to update your preferences so you’ll hear from us on the regular! (We don’t want to pester you unless the feeling’s mutual.)